Tuesday 15 January 2013

Winner Winter

Last year, I realized that winter is not really my season. I had a nasty case of the winter blues. I was homesick, lacking more Vitamin D than ever before (which you don't notice until you leave SD!) and experiencing other new revelations about this gloomy wonderland. First, let me point out that it's dark when you wake up, and is dark again around 3:30-4:00 PM. Most days are cloudy, gloomy and wet meaning for a few months, I miss the sunsets {moon & stars} and leave work in pure darkness. I've noticed that people tend to complain more in winter, too. About how dark it is, how cold it is, how wet it is, now it's snowing...etc.

This year I was more prepared and I invested in things I knew would help {drastically!}. I finally bought my first rain jacket which made running and biking outdoors much more enjoyable for a bit longer. North face from TK Maxx.
After leaving San Diego in November, my mama gave me some money specifically to buy a new winter coat and I found the best coat ever. It makes me so happy and I am no longer afraid to face the horrible weather, in fact, I enjoy being so warm and cozy now during such awful conditions!
Along with my new jacket and coat, I also found the best pair of boots at TK Maxx. Happy as a clam, I am! They're soo comfy & go with practically everything in my wardrobe. Yes.
I am so much happier this year than last, despite the gloom and darkness. Here are a few things that have helped make this winter better than last...
    • Almond sent me a sun-lamp...my favorite.
    • I bought a HUGE bottle of Vitamin D & Biotin 
    • Seeing family, friends & sun for Thanksgiving
    • Leg warmers & thermal socks
    • My new super cozy mink robe
    • Our Christmas tree & our ornaments from all over
    • My homemade Christmas cards
    • Our work parties
    • Christmas!!
    • Tanning lotion
    • Our gym routine
    • Looking forward to and seeing the Hollywood Costume Exhibit at the V&A on New Years day.
    • Peter's birthday
    • Secret Cinema
    • & I may or may not have brought back a few treats from home....ingredients for s'mores, cookie mixes, my favorite gum, jolly ranchers, a reusable Trader Joe's bag to remind me of home, and more.
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment