Wednesday 16 January 2013

Mom's visit...in June

 
I can't believe I haven't written about mom's visit yet. Her and rhonda made their way over and it was their first time flying outside of the US! It was recorded last year as the second wettest year in the UK... so it wasn't really the BEST year to visit, but I think and I hope they enjoyed it anyway. They came just in time for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee ...which of course landed on a rainy bank holiday. We watched it on TV and gawked over Kate's stunning outfit and how her hair doesn't frizz in the rain. Mom and Rhonda both caught colds - probably from the flight - and had serious jetlag for a while. The first night they were up until 4 in the morning cleaning our entire house and basically had a movie marathon. Lucky for them, Peter has an abundant collection. One of the days we went to the Folkestone Airshow & had a  big BBQ at Peter's parents house with nan and grandad & JP and his family. Unfortunately, moms visit clashed with Peter's parents trip to Germany so they didn't get to see a lot of each other until their last few days. Andrew was here visiting though so that was fun. We managed to fill our days with lots of fun little day trips; one to Brighton, a few days in Whitstable and a trip to the beautiful Bruges! We also took them to Mt. Ephraim gardens & had the best lunch at The Dove with the whole family. It was so nice seeing mom & catching up with her like no time had passed. I think she was really impressed by Canterbury and seemed to understand what drew me in. I think she felt a lot better too after seeing our home, our routine & lifestyle in general. I know it's a pricey trip and is a pretty big deal, but I hope she visits again and I can't wait for that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment