Thursday 3 January 2013

In with the new

I know I am so behind on my blogging these past few months...I still jot down the odd idea at least once a week, but I just never sit down to write anything.

Tonight, I'm going to slowly work my way backwards. 
I'll start with the New Year, reflect a little, then make my way back to Christmas, our trip to San Diego, my personal development, moms visit to England (whoa, in June!), and whatever else might come to mind {hopefully}. 

I've never really been the type to come up with a new years resolution because I am a true believer that you can make changes any day of the year, not just at the beginning of the year. If I'm not happy with something, I usually change it as soon as I can. 

This year is a teeny bit different. I recently read a book called "How to have a brilliant life", and I had to write down 50 things I wanted. Do you think you could write down 50 things you want in life? It took me some time and a lot of thought, but I managed. Once I knew what I wanted, I had to categorize them into short-term (90 days), medium-term (1-5years) and long term (+5yrs) goals. Did you know that only about 5% of people write down their goals? Apparently "committing goals to paper and reviewing them regularly gives you a 95% higher chance of achieving your desired outcomes. Studies have shown that only three to five percent of people in the world have written goals – the same three to five percent who have achieved success in reaching those goals."

I won't share my 50 wants or my goals, but I will share a few things I'd like to work on in 2013.


  1. Find my career. My passion.
  2. Listen to my heart more 
  3. Meditate more. 
  4. Take more risks. Even when they're scary
  5. Learn more.
  6. Learn about investing
  7. Make more videos & set aside more time for making them.
  8. Call family and friends more
  9. Take more adventures
  10. Be more spontaneous. Don't wait for a reason.
  11. Stop worrying about what anyone thinks
  12. Continue to grow in love
  13. save more

No comments:

Post a Comment