Friday 6 September 2013

Home



Just over a week ago, we said our goodbyes to our lovely 1 Old Bakery Mews in Boughton. After having just gotten back to England from Normandy, we drove over to pick up our last few bits (and to defrost the fridge and freezer) and then finally head to Wingham. This was hands down my most chaotic move to date. (I do have some moving credibility, as I've moved 4 times since the age of 18!) It was probably so hectic because I had my "Life in the UK" test on the Monday, carpet cleaner on Tuesday, packing Tues, Weds, Thurs and literally move & CLEAN {the entire house} on Friday. Not to mention Friday night was our family meal for Peter's dads' birthday and Saturday - early - we were off to Normandy until Monday evening. Therefore Monday evening entailed picking up our last bits, bidding farewell and coming home in Wingham to mountains of boxes. I've learned plenty of lessons from this move: don't plan an important test just beforehand, and don't plan a vacation and move during the same weekend. Also, start packing earlier & make a list of cleaning duties to share with the hubby. Lesson  learned. 

We're now in lovely Wingham and I thought I would really miss 1 Old Bakery Mews, but I don't! (yet). I love our new house and haven't really had the chance to think about Boughton much. Wingham has a sweet community feel with 3 pubs, a bakery, etc and the house has so much character. I can't wait for all of our overseas visitors to come and stay in our guest room and show it off!! My journey into work is also a lot quicker and easier which has been really nice in the mornings.

Below are a few old pictures I've found of Boughton which I think are really neat, and also sharing a few pics of the new Wingham house!!





Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay! I love your new home! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sweets,

    I found you via my google+ thing (which I have no idea how it works!!) and saw this wonderful post!!! I'm so glad you made something pretty out of the wardrobe, it looks truly lovely as does the other furniture you upcycled! :) If you are passing my way again let me know and pop in for some tea, the house has changed so much since you last saw it. Do you still have my email? Also on a weird note, I used to live in Boughton too! :)

    Take care,
    Jerra (Wardrobe person!) xx

    ReplyDelete