Saturday 8 June 2013

Testing: 1, 2, 3?

Is anyone out there?

The past week I've fallen into a little blogging funk. I know I don't blog on a regular basis or anything, but I am starting to wonder if anyone even reads my blog. Or if that's even the point in having a blog. I do check my dashboard on pretty regularly and read blogs of those who are posting. It may also be because I'm a all or nothing kinda gal, and when I can't put my whole heart and soul into a meaningful blog all the time, I start to lose my connection to it all together.

The sole purpose of creating this blog a few years ago was because I was constantly updating people on what was happening on this side of the pond and I found it a great way to update everyone at once simply by sending or posting my blog link. Although I do still update on what we're up to, most of my family and friends keep in touch either through facebook or texting so the blog has become less...purposeful? I'm not even sure anyone even knows or checks my link! I don't have loads of traffic or pageviews and I'm just starting to wonder if my effort is worth the time. I guess blogs aren't really about popularity?

Is it appropriate then to turn the blog into somewhat of a journal? Where I can express ideas, thoughts, breakthroughs, dreams, goals, etc? Is that fun to read? Or just fun to look back on to track progress. 

Maybe I'm just getting bored. Especially after reading other bloggers' super exciting posts - but then again they're also the ones who update regularly.

If you're out there and you enjoy reading, can you let me know?

Are you a regular reader or did you just happen to stumble upon this link?

Any feedback?

Thanks a bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsay!

    I wanted to let you know that I don't necessarily keep up with your blog on a regular basis but I definitely enjoy reading it when I do have a bit of free time. It's awesome for me to see how you have transitioned and cope with living so far from home and in a new country. Definitely don't stop posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i go look every few months. remember i get 50-100 work emails a day and I dont even check my personal email very often, maybe once a week.i like the dissertation on bring sexy back. you know I worked out twice a day, morning and evening for so many years it is weird but I hate working out now.....like eating too many cookies, diminishing returns like they say in economics class. take care uncle mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you today, the time we got to "meet under the eiffel tower" and how much I missed you and Petah and wish we would have grown closer. I'm 23 days away from my own wedding now and just remembering all of the excitement, flooding of love and sheer joy that I experienced in being a part yours and Petah's beginning made me wonder how you were doing and remember you had a blog...so here I am.

    ReplyDelete