Friday 17 February 2012

Films in 2011

As I have previously blogged, I mentioned hubby Reynolds' love for film. Well, up until fairly recently, I haven't really had an appreciation for good film: the acting, directing, score, etc. My taste in movies are the cheesy, mostly sappy, romantic-comedy ones that all the girls love. The guilty pleasure ones. You know what I'm talking about. Anyway, hubby Reynolds has since shown me what a good movie really is. I am still a little hesitant when he wants to show me a movie, because I always assume it's a guy movie, but they're always so good. Here is my list of movies that I've watched since being in England,  since August 1st! They are all great, but I'll bold my favorites.

Shallow Grave
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
The Help
Water for Elephants
Senna
The Sting
It's a Beautiful Life
Closer
Deathproof
Collateral
The kids are alright
Gone baby gone
True Grit
The Graduate
Dumbo
Tangled
French Connection
Zodiac
Man on Fire
War Horse
The Descendants
Se7en
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
American Beauty
The Lovely Bones
Julie & Julia
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
BUCK
Into the Wild
Poltergeist
Life in a day (free on youtube!)

I also really got into Gavin and Stacey and watched all three seasons in about two days!

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string..."

These are a few of my favorite SCENES:











No comments:

Post a Comment