Friday 28 January 2011

Sushi!

We finally found sushi!!!

We all knew I would miss my Osaka. But here I had Peter telling me "there are loads of sushi places all over!" He would say that! (without actually knowing ;-)) We thought we'd found a place not long after I first got here. It was just up the road, so we went to check it out, only to find it had already been closed down. So I attempted to make sushi myself--which turned out to be a failure. When I steamed the rice and had it on the stove top's "lowest" setting to have it at a simmer, it wasn't low enough and would still boil. (I figured this out during my second attempt to make it, when I had to pretty much babysit the rice). So, I did a little more searching and found two other places, but were a bit of a drive. Finally Peter agreed to take us :-) So, we enjoyed this amazing, three course sushi dinner at 1thirtysix at a very reasonable cost, too! Hooray! Then, he came home one evening with this gorgeous bouquet of flowers, just because :-) What a lucky lady I am!




No comments:

Post a Comment